Monday, February 11, 2019


Yesterday was a special day! Lindelwa Zulu (19) asked Elder Wold to baptize him! His brother,  Trevor (21) was baptized two weeks ago.  They are great young men from Lobamba!







Elder Reneer, Lindelwa, Elder Wold, Elder Hlatshwayo, Trevor and Elder Jolley

Elder Jolley snapped this photo just after they got out of the font



Sunday  afternoon, I had a FUN surprise when our cute friend, Ruth Misgana,
from Addis Ababa, did a video call on Andualem's phone and I saw her for the first time in 4 years!  She was 12 when we left and she is 16 now!! Ü We can't wait to see her in person
in Addis on March 4th!! 




Pres. Russell M. Nelson and Pres. Dallin H. Oaks and their wives spoke in Glendale, AZ Sunday night to an audience of 68,000 people! Julie and Jeremy  were asked to be chaperones on the floor and got amazing seats. Julie posted these photos! 




MONDAY

I had my last appointment with Nathi the Barber at the Royal Swazi Spa this morning. 
He colors my hair and cuts Elder Wold's hair. He is the nicest guy. (He  told me at the first appointment that he doesn't cut ladies' hair.... so I am going home with long hair!!) I asked him this morning, if I could practice my siSwati and bore my testimony to him in siSwati. He was so cute. As I said each line in siSwati, he translated it and said what I said in English! Ü 


TUESDAY

Elder Wold has had a cold for a few days but it has gone into bronchitis this morning! So we went to Medi-sun Clinic here, saw our friend Efrem, the Ethiopian Dr., and he got some meds. This was my amazing view, as I was sitting in our Ford Ranger in the parking lot.  The weather today is beautiful ~ with a cool breeze! 



Medi-sun Clinic
(There is a Dentist there too!)


A  very common sight....a cute mom with her baby on her back!


Happy Valentines Day to us!  
Cards from Jamie and her family came 2 days early!
(That NEVER happens!!) 💗


Speaking of Valentine's Day....💗 Michelle and Abe are engaged!
Their wedding is planned for May 4th in the Gilbert Temple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment